5 years ago, yesterday, I slipped on a pretty white dress, walked down the aisle and said “I do” to my husband! It’s pretty wild to think about all that we’ve been through in 5 years. Here’s a brief recap:
- I graduated from college with my Bachelor’s in Interior Design
- 1 cross-state move back to the Seattle area
- I got my first post-graduate job
- 1 Iraq deployment
- 2 more moves within the Seattle area
- Losing our cat, Apollo and then adopting Odin
- Alex received his Bachelor’s degree in Business Comm.
- We purchased our first home
- Found out we were pregnant
- Alex got out of the Marine Corps, started working as a security guard at the mall and then got a new job at a global security operations center for a major corporation here in the Puget Sound. Soon after, he received a promotion to shift manager.
- My parents moved to Chicago
- Madeleine arrived on her due date!
- I was laid off from my job and have been a stay at home mom for the last 10 months
- Alex has had surgery for both a hernia (2 years ago) and a herniated disk in his neck (a little over a month ago)
- Just over 3 weeks ago, Madeleine was diagnosed with a Neuroblastoma
It’s been a great ride so far, and despite some of the struggles we’ve faced more recently, we have a very good life! Fantastic family and friends and an amazing little daughter who is such a fighter.
So, for those of you who didn’t attend the wedding, here are some photos. 🙂
Hope you all enjoyed!! Now, on to more happy years!